Gone Rockin'

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Hello Kitty! A Summer Jaunt with Vivien of Holloway

As you know, I am a huge Vivien of Holloway fan but it was only recently that I decided to treat myself to a 'Kitty' dress. As a curvy girl, I was very unsure about the Kitty and the prints it comes in, particularly as a big bum doesn't generally pair very well with vertical stripes! Nevertheless, for my trip the The Red Rooster Festival, I decided to splurge on the seashell stripe kitty in blue and pink and I can tell you, it was an absolute dream to wear. 

I sized down in this particular style (I am a standard UK 14 and bought a Viv 16 instead of an 18) and it fits like a dream. I'm not still entirely sure about the length and I might take it up by a few inches in the future but it doesn't feel as long as the Runaround Sue (which I took up as soon as it arrived). It's made of a lovely crisp cotton and zips at the back leaving the front to look like an authentically vintage shirt dress. I had so many compliments from the most unlikely people while wearing this dress and I know it's definitely a dress I will wear again and again.

Have you splashed out on a Kitty dress yet? I'd love to see your pictures! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment