Gone Rockin'

Tuesday 20 January 2015

I wish...


I am a little bit obsessive when it comes to fairytales. I love old storybooks and traditional folk tales and this filters into many areas of my every day life. I was ridiculously excited when I found out that Into The Woods was going to be made into a film and when I ventured out to see it in all it's red cloaked, blue haired, big voiced glory, I found it difficult to wipe the smile from my face from beginning to end.

Over Christmas, like many children (big and small) across the world, G and I made our own own fairytale Gingerbread houses. However, unlike many other people, we found it impossible to consider easting our creations and after 4 weeks of letting them decorate our little cottage kitchen, we decided the time had come to go into the woods and set them free!

On a bitterly cold Saturday afternoon, we headed through Liverpool, into Waterloo -stopping for egg custard macaroons on the way-and onto the National Trust's beautiful Formby Point. Formby is famous for it's red squirrel population, it's woodland and beautiful sandy beaches.

We took a walk through the woodlands and spotted the perfect spot to plant our fairytale houses, in the roots of a tree on a gentle hill in the middle of the forest. I hope you enjoy the pictures.













No comments:

Post a Comment