Gone Rockin'

Tuesday 23 June 2015

Styling it up with Cherry Dollface and The Vintage Beauty Parlour

One of Manchester's best hidden gems can be found hidden in a smart, unassuming street in suburbia. Bethany Jane's 'Vintage Beauty Parlour' has been over for a little over a year now and boy are we northern gals lucky to have this place on our doorstep!

I was luck enough to have my hair done by Bethany at the Haworth 1940s weekend a few weeks ago and have her booked to do my wedding hair and make up later in the year. She is true genius when it comes to creating those intricate, beautiful styles from the past that most of us would never dream of attempting on our own hair. Check out my poodle do!


Anyway, imagine how excited I was to see that youtube sensation and my favourite American pin-up gal, Cherry Dollface, was set to run a hair and make up seminar at The Vintage Beauty Parlour! I booked my place at the show months before the event and was a little nervous about going on my own and what to expect. I shouldn't have been nervous at all. Cherry was an absolute doll; beautiful, gracious, funny and relaxed. She talked our class of lovely like-minded ladies through a full pin-up make up look as well as two vintage hairstyles, taking questions and queries from the class as she went. 

The three hour class flew by and at the end, in celebration of her birthday, Cherry was surprised with a birthday cake along with cards and gifts from many of us girls attending the class. I met so many wonderful ladies that night, that I hope to keep in touch with and meet again in the future.

Don't let nerves hold you back, take every opportunity to have fun and meet new people. Your life will be all the richer for it!








2 comments:

  1. Ahh I'm so jealous! I wish I knew about it as it sounds amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time!!! She said she hopes to be back in the UK next year for more of the same :) xx

      Delete