Gone Rockin'

Tuesday 19 August 2014

Memphis (wedding) Belles

I was lucky enough to spend 8 fantastic days in Memphis earlier this month, partly as a pilgrimage to the city that has inspired me so much personally as well as musically and partly to celebrate my mother’s wedding.

I’m going to post about some of my favourite aspects of Memphis separately but I thought I’d start with some pictures from the main event, the wedding at Gracelands.





The ladies in charge of arranging the wedding could not have been kinder or more friendly and my mum and her husband, Pete, had a wonderful small service in the tiny little wooden chapel in the grounds of Gracelands.

The wedding was broadcast via a small camera at the back of the chapel, back to our friends and family back home in the UK and in Australia. It was wonderful to see my mum so happy to be marrying someone she really loves and in a life-long dream setting.

My favourite part of the day was the ride in the driven by the wonderful Tad Pierson of ‘American Dream Safari’. He picked us up at the hotel and took us on a mini-tour of rock’n’roll Memphis, including the South Main and Stax area of the city. When we all emerged from the chapel Tad was kind enough to take pictures on my camera and decorated the car with a pair of blue suede shoes and a retro ‘Just Married’ sticker, which prompted a lot of fellow car horn tooting on the way back into town!



Tad can take up to 4 passengers on a urban safari around Memphis and let me tell you, there is nothing this man doesn’t know about rock n roll and his wonderful home city. Get in touch via his FB page if you are visiting in the future and want a real insiders tour! https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Dream-Safari/174034782626621?fref=ts













No comments:

Post a Comment