Gone Rockin'

Saturday 23 August 2014

Vivien of Holloway at Gracelands, Memphis

I have been a huge fan of Vivien of Holloway for some years now. It's the first repro-vintage brand that  I discovered, back when the shop was over a motorcycle shop at the back of Camden market. Since then the brand has gone from strength to strength and it's very easy to see why! Unlike some of the other authentic reproduction brands, Holloway have a relatively quick turnover of new prints and styles so there is always something new for vintage fans to covet (my poor bank account!). 

I've tried a few different styles of Viv dresses over recent years but the style that fills my wardrobe (like many other fans) is the halter neck circle dress. For those who are yet to sample the delights of Vivien of Holloway, you need to know your waist size and order according to that. If you shop in store, I would recommend going at least one size (maybe two depending on the fabric) up from your modern sizing. The circle dresses are cut to finish perfectly with a standard length petticoat, zip at the back and have a boned and shaped bodice for a super flattering fit that you really won't get from a lot of cheaper vintage brands.

Now, many people reserve these dresses for special occasions but I will generally take any opportunity to wear a pretty dress. I've worn my dresses to theme parks, for days out in the country, shopping in the city and of course, for weddings! Back in February, I was lucky enough to win a picture competition on Viv's fan page and I put my winnings to work on a couple of new Viv dresses -a cherry halter dress and (daringly for me!) a leopard wiggle dress. I recently wore the white cherry halter neck circle dress for my mum's wedding in Memphis and I thought I'd take the opportunity to show this gorgeous dress off in a wonderful location!


At the chapel at Gracelands






Gracelands
Outside Gracelands -fan graffiti!


Sun Studios
Sun studios



3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! You are perfectly dressed for exploring Graceland :DI have wanted a VoH dress for ages, they make the prettiest dresses and their fabric is so nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) I had a great time there, can't wait to go back to Memphis! Definitely splash out on a Viv dress if you can, you won't regret it!

    ReplyDelete